Tough time present opportunities otherwise not available. Current economic environment is just one such opportunity.
Much depend on how we as individuals act and enable others to act to make the best of it. It is our collective attitude that determine how an organization will fare as the rough weather passes.
1. Know yourself – recognize your strength and weakness. Position where your strength can make a difference
2. Work with people, regardless of their position, who share optimistic perspective on things (equally important shield yourself from individuals with negative attitude)
3. Know where you are going; bring focus on critical few; and make hard choices necessary to accomplish
4. Have sense of urgency to achieve. It should be driven out of what you plan to accomplish and not fear. Fear usually motivates but in the wrong direction
5. Roll up your sleeve and get involved directly with your customers, products or whatever your line of work. It helps appreciate perspective otherwise missing
Lastly – communicate openly and candidly.
Remember, in the current environment – it is high time to demonstrate the winning attitude and make a difference. Opportunity is knocking at our door step – question is who is prepared to respond?